YouthBuild Louisville is a full-time program that helps young people ages 18-24 earn their high school diploma or GED while getting hands-on training and work experience in the Construction Trades, Urban Conservation Corps, Professional Medical Careers or Culinary Field. Many of our students have struggled with obstacles that are getting in the way of their path to success – including poverty, violence, abuse, drugs, fear, and lack of support. YouthBuild Louisville offers hope and a second chance to overcome those obstacles. Throughout the program you will become part of a team and build lasting relationships with other students and staff who are committed to helping you reach your goals in the classroom, on the jobsite, and in life!
Here's how it works:
- Academics: YBLouisville students will have the opportunity to finish their high school diploma or GED while getting ready for college, technical training, or an apprenticeship.
- Career Development: Students will receive ongoing job readiness training to learn what employers want in the work place. YBLouisville students learn how to get a job and keep a job by showing up on time, every single day, with a positive attitude.
- Personal Development: Most of our students have struggled to focus on their education because of challenges outside of school – so we have a dedicated team of Case Managers who help our students manage issues with poverty, housing, medical coverage, mental health, substance abuse, lack of support, and anything else that gets in the way of your success.
- Leadership: At YBLouisville we focus on developing students who will become great young leaders by making good choices for yourself, your family, your team, and your community. Here’s how we do it:
- Yourself: Setting goals and developing your strengths and skills
- Your Family: Providing for the most important people in your life
- Your Team: Building a support system of YB students and staff
- Your Community: Serving low-income families and individuals